If it isn’t already, washing your makeup brushes and applying a makeup brush cleaner should be a permanent part of your beauty routine. Cleaning is imperative for the life and quality of both your skin and brushes. Just believe it: you apply makeup a day, sometimes even twice each day.
Once you realize where and the way often your makeup brushes go, you’ll realize what proportion makeup, oil, dirt, and bacteria are trapped in an unclean brush. Unless you wash your brushes, you’ll only be rubbing it all back on your skin.
About Makeup Brush Cleaner
Rock bottom line is that you simply should be washing your brushes frequently. For brushes, you apply daily and don’t share with anyone else, a minimum of once every week would be great or even twice every week if you apply makeup often.
If you’ve got the time, clean your foundation brushes daily or after every use, especially if you apply liquid foundation since it’ll trap more bacteria and thus, will get to be cleaned more frequently.
Fancy brush shampoos are often a touch too expensive, while baby shampoo doesn’t disinfect your brushes properly. Here, we’ll be watching two methods of creating your own best makeup brush cleaner reception with inexpensive ingredients that you simply probably have already got in your kitchen.
Making Your Own Makeup Brush Cleaner
- Liquid dish detergent (to clean and disinfect the brushes)
- Extra virgin vegetable oil (to condition the bristle hair after it’s been disinfected and stripped of oils by the detergent)
- A plate
Steps ( Method 1)
- Pour a touch little bit of the liquid dish detergent onto a plate.
- Then, pour a touch of extra virgin vegetable oil on the plate. The ratio should be 2 parts detergent to 1 ½ part extra virgin vegetable oil.
- Now, you’ll start cleaning! Take your first brush and swirl it in circular motions on the plate. You should start to ascertain the makeup coming off within the mixture.
- Then, take the comb and move it to and fro on your hand. This may help remove all of the makeup also kill bacteria.
- Once your brush is clean, place it on a towel.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the remainder of your brushes.
- After cleaning all of your brushes, rinse them under warm water. Wipe the comb on your hand under the water to wash it completely. Remember to not use predicament for this step because it could damage your brush.
- Continue cleaning your brush this way until the water comes off clear.
- After all of your brushes are rinsed clean, use a towel to obscure the surplus water and gently wipe them dry. A soft towel works best since it’ll not leave any lint on the comb.
- If necessary, reshape the bristles by pressing them between your fingers until they’re back to their original shape.
- There is another method to make your own best makeup brush cleaner, again with inexpensive supplies you’ll easily find in your kitchen.
- Hot water
- A cup
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar (Don’t worry about the smell of the vinegar since it’ll disappear in about 20 minutes!)
Steps (Method 2)
- Boil a cup of water
- After expecting a couple of minutes, pour 2 tsp of distilled white vinegar in it and stir
- Now, dip your dirty brush during this makeup brush cleaner and swirl it around. You should start to ascertain the makeup coming off
- Rinse with warm water
- Then, follow with a cold water rinse
- Reshape your brush bristles if required
- Use this makeup brush cleaner for the remainder of your brushes and dry them using the methods mentioned below
Drying Your Brushes after Using the Makeup Brush Cleaner
NEVER dry your brushes in an upright position because it will ruin them! Water will drip down into the bottom of the comb head and settle into the glue that’s holding the bristles together. Over time, the glue will relax, and eventually, the hairs will fall out and therefore the handle is going to be ruined.
So, you’ll either lay your brushes flat on a towel to dry or maybe better, hang dry them with the subsequent method:
- A hanger
- Chip clips
- Brush guards
Steps (Method 3)
- Take an appropriate brush guard for the comb you’ve got cleaned and slide it over the top of the handle all over the bristles.
- Now, take the chip clip and place it over the bottom wire of the hanger. The clip should hang from the hanger.
- Clip the comb onto the hanger by placing the top of the comb into the clip clamp. The bristles should be facing downwards.
- Do the same for all of your brushes then, hang the hanger on a towel or doorknob to let the brushes dry completely for a couple of hours or overnight.
So, these are the DIY makeup brush cleaner tips. Please stay connected to Makeup Revolution blog, I’ll update the related tips and tricks in the next post 😉