You and your partner have decided to lose weight. To keep you motivated and push you harder, it’s a good idea to bring someone you care about along on your weight loss journey. A partner, whether it is your spouse/husband or bf/gf, can make it easier to reach your goals. You can cook healthier meals together and exercise together by following these best ways to lose weight in college as a couple.
Note: Men tend to lose weight quicker than women due to their higher testosterone and lean muscle levels. However, women and men can still lose the same amount of weight if they follow the same diet and exercise routine.
9 Best Ways to Lose Weight in College as a Couple
#1 Begin a good weight loss program together
Weight loss is about 20% exercise and 80% diet. Choose your weight loss plan carefully and only the best. Diet plans can be used by all ages and genders. Take a walk together, morning or evening. No matter what your schedule may be, you should take at least 30 minutes. This would be a wonderful time to bond, talk, and resolve any differences.
#2 Exercise together
It’s easier to exercise when you have someone to share it with. You should create a plan that has you both exercising for 40 minutes at least five times per week. You can join dancing classes or go on trekking together if you don’t like to go to the gym. These activities are great for keeping extra inches off your stomach.
#3 You should not eat cheat meals on date nights
You can still eat your cheat meals, but you should keep those treats for cheat meals for some date nights. Learn to love healthy food, it’s not that boring and so-called “tasteless”.
#4 Get 7 hours of sleep every night
It doesn’t matter if you and your partner are eating right, exercising regularly, and watching your calories. With sleep deprivation, you will have a slower metabolism, increased hunger hormone “ghrelin,” and an increase in stress hormone “cortisol” – all of which can lead to weight gain, especially belly fat.
Weight gain is directly tied to sleep deprivation. That’s why getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night can make a big difference in weight loss.
#5 Encourage Each Other to Drink More Water
There is one rule that will help you lose weight. It’s to drink 8 glasses of plain water every day.
#6 You can Shop for Groceries Together
If you both are on a diet it is a good idea to go grocery shopping together. Avoid junk food, processed foods, and unhealthy snacks while shopping for groceries.
#7 Encourage each other
Don’t be critical but be a cheerleader and encourage one another to do better. You may be both a fitness enthusiast, while the other may find brisk walking difficult. Find a compromise and create a plan that works for you both.
#8 Eat an early dinner
This is an incredible method to forestall weight gain. Our metabolism slows down towards the evening, so eating an early dinner can help you avoid excess calories becoming fat. You can both create a routine that has you having an early dinner, and then going to bed at night.
#9 Meal Prep Together
Meal prep promotes healthy eating habits and saves time on busy weekdays when it is difficult to prepare homemade meals. You can save time and money by making batches of healthy food that you can keep in the fridge. This will also help to cut down on extra calories that are consumed from eating out. You can also list your favorites dishes together and prepare healthy meals.
These best ways to lose weight in college as a couple will not only help you lose extra weight and improve your health as a couple, but you guys will learn to support each other, and be with each other during the ups and downs.
FAQ – Best Ways to Lose Weight in College
The NHS's weight loss plan can be a successful one if you follow these eight diet and exercise tips.
- Eat regularly (You will not lose weight by skipping food)
- Aim to consume a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Increase your level of physical activity.
- It's important to stay hydrated
- Consume foods high in fiber
- Food labels should be read
- Use a smaller plate for this plate
Listed below are eight tips to lose weight faster:
- Breakfast should be heavy in protein.
- Stay away from sugary beverages and fruit juices.
- Before eating, drink water!
- Choose meals that will help you lose weight.
- Fiber that is soluble in water is best.
- Take a cup of coffee or tea.
- Diet should be based on whole foods.
- Slow down and enjoy your meal.
Natural weight loss may be achieved in a number of methods, some of which are simple:
- Consume more protein in your diet.
- Eat whole, single-ingredient foods.
- Be sure to stock up on healthier foods and snacks.
- Take a sip of water and have a cup of coffee (unsweetened)
- It is possible to take glucomannan as a supplement.
There are a number of compound exercises (moves that use more than one joint) that I would recommend, including squats and bent-over rowing workouts, among others.
You may also develop strength and lose weight at home by doing planks, step-ups (on a chair or bench), or press-ups.
Discover 8 medical causes for feeling weary here,
- Eat frequently to combat fatigue.
- It's time to move.
- To gain vitality, you must lose weight.
- Be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Reducing stress might help you feel more energetic.
- Tiredness can be overcome with talking therapy.
- Remove caffeine from your diet.
- Take in fewer alcoholic beverages.